If you're living with anxiety, your first thought might be that affirmations are a waste of time. But the truth is, they can have a powerful impact on how you feel and how you perceive yourself. That's not just because they're positive—it's because they actually rewire your brain in a way that can help you stop negative thoughts before they spiral out of control.
The idea behind affirmations is that you repeat something over and over until your brain starts to believe it. It sounds simple, but in practice, it takes discipline to do this every single day—which is why on days where you're feeling anxious, it can be helpful to sit down with your journal and write out some simple affirmations. It will help remind you of how far you've come, how brave and capable you are, or how much potential there is for good in the world around us. They can help you reframe challenges and approach them more confidently.
If you're looking for some new ways to cope with your anxiety, here are some affirmations you can try adding to your bullet journal:
- I am strong and capable.
- I am unique and valuable.
- I'm allowed to feel overwhelmed, but it doesn't mean I have to act on my feelings.
- I can find joy in the present moment.
- I deserve peace of mind.
- I am not defined by a single thought or feeling.
- I can handle anything I put my mind to.
- My feelings don't control me—I control them.
- I am capable of great things when I trust myself.
- I am strong enough to handle whatever life throws at me today.
- My unique perspective is what makes me special and adds value to the world around me.
- Everything in life happens for a reason, and sometimes the reason is just because it's what needs to happen next on my path toward greater things.
Hopefully, these affirmations can help you on your journey to a more anxiety-free life. And if you're feeling stressed and tense, try writing them down in your bullet journal as a way to take some time out of your day to focus on yourself and anxiety, rather than the daily stresses.
The most important thing to remember is that whatever you feel right now, there are people (including us!) who love you, and would never leave you. You are supported in every way! (and hopefully one day, you won't need those affirmations!)