There are many ways to make the system work for you, but the key is finding what works best for YOU.
So how do you balance keeping up with your life with keeping up with your bullet journal?
Here are some tips on how to fit bullet journaling into your hectic schedule:
1. Set up your system in advance.You don't have to do this all at once, but make sure that your notebook is prepped and ready for action when it's time to get started. Then write down the dates of important events in your life—birthdays and anniversaries are great starting points—and any other items that might come up later in the year.
2. Make lists of what needs to happen each day (and week).This will help you stay focused on what matters most at any given moment while also setting aside time for fun stuff like reading novels or watching Netflix shows (because who has time for both?). Just write down what needs to happen each day and then check off each item as it's completed!
3. Keep it simple.The first rule is to not over-schedule yourself. You want this to be something you can actually do, so don't try to do too much at once or in one day. Start small and then build up over time. If you take on too much at once, it will be overwhelming and hard to maintain long term. Also, keep in mind that it may take some trial and error before you find something that works for you!
4. Have a place that sparks productivity.The first step to bullet journaling with a busy schedule is finding a space that inspires you. Think about what your favourite place is, and why it's so conducive to productivity. Is it because of the lighting? The music? The furniture? Once you've identified what makes the space work for you, try to replicate those elements in your own workspace—whether at home or at work.
5. Don't worry about perfection.Bullet journaling is supposed to be a creative outlet that helps you get organised, not something that feels like work. If you're finding yourself stressing out about making sure everything looks perfect, take a step back and remember why you do this in the first place!
Did you find this article helpful? Let us know in the comments! Share it with your friends using the social share buttons below.